Statutory time frame
Three months from the
acceptance of the request for
mediation by the Ombudsman with
a possibility of motivated extension.
Step 1: Receipt of claims
• Submission of the request for mediation to CMMB with all
identifying information, litigation, mediation compromises
(unless there is a mediation clause) and other additional
documents depending on the case.
• Appointment of the Ombudsman by the Parties.
Step 2: File Processing
• Notification of the request for mediation to the other
Party concerned if the application is made by one of the
Parties, the second part has a period of 15 days, if failling
to anwser, case will be dismissed. In case of positive answer,
the two Parties shall cover the costs of opening the file
• Payment of fees according to the scale of CMMB
right after signing the mediation agreement.
Step 3: Conciliation Party
• Acceptance of the mission by the Ombudsman.
• Contact between the Ombudsman and the Parties.
• Launch of mediation and meetings in the CMMB
Step 4: File Closure
• Establishment of a record of conciliation between the
parties and approved by the Ombudsman or a record
of non-conciliation written and signed by the Ombudsman.
• A copy is provided to each party in both cases.
• All documents submitted will be retained by the CMMB
and will not be returned to the Parties.
• Conventional Mediation ends if one or both parties wish
to waive in writing the current mediation process.
• In this case, the fees already paid by both parties
remain acquired to CMMB